Usage: Full Commercial Use and Home Use
Resistance Type: Friction braking and resistance via controller knob and e-stop
Drive Type: Chain drive using forged steel crank and ISIS oversized bottom bracket
FlyWheel Weight: 18kg
Hub Type: Fixed Wheel
Dimensions (H x W x L): 99 x 57 x 127 cm
Max. User Weight: 136kg
Product Weight: 59kg
Pedals: Standard baskets
Frame: Zinc galvanized and powder coated
Handlebar: Adjusts vertically for maximum comfort
Seat: Gel coated seat adjusts horizontally and vertically for best fit and maximum comfort
Wheels for transportation: Easy to move in the house
Warranty: 2 years parts, 6 months wear items and 10 years frame
Our Review of the Schwinn IC Pro Indoor Cycle
How Easy is the Indoor Cycle to Build?
We deliver all of our Schwinn bikes fully built so there's no need to be too concerned about how easy they are to assemble. For the record the quality of the construction on all Schwinn bikes is superb which makes assembly a piece of cake.
What are the first impressions?
It's pretty much what you'd expect of a Schwinn bike - the quality of the finish is first class and it feels really well made. Here are some of the highlights:
- It's easy to find a good riding position.
- The seat adjusts up/down (18 positions) and front and back (9 positions), and the handlebars adjust up/down
- The bike is easy to move because of the transport wheels on the front stabiliser bar, so you can move it out of the way when you've finished using it
- Heavy and well balanced flywheel gives a smooth ride
- Chain drive is really quite quiet which you find with Schwinn bikes - the alignment of the crank and flywheel is just about perfect so the chain is much quieter than on lower quality bikes.
- There's no console but this bikes works brilliantly with Web Racing software
What's it like to ride?
If feels just like riding an outdoor bike indoors. The feel of the chain drive and the riding position make for an excellent ride:
- The friction resistance works extremely well which enables you to make the workout as easy or hard as you like, and of course you can vary this resistance during your workout by turning the adjuster knob as you cycle.
- At high speeds and/or resistance, when you're putting more strain on the bike, it still feels very stable and solid. There's no frame distortion which demonstrates the qualiity and strength of the frame.
We'd have loved a console, but the Web Racing software (optional extra) is even better.
Anything else to add?
It's hard to describe just how well made this indoor cycle is. It feels robust, chunky and gives a real high quality feel.
This is a super indoor cycle. It's a popular model with outdoor cyclists who like the feel of the chain and want the authentic feel of riding outdoors.
Do you have a question about this equipment?
If you can't find the answer that you're looking for below then please click here and ask us a question. If we're online we'll give you an answer immediately, otherwise we'll try our best to respond on the same working day.
Cycle Specific Questions
Q. What is the minimum/maximum height of the rider?
A. Typically 4'11" to 6'8" (150 to 203 cm) tall.
Q. Does this bike have the option of a console?
A. No, unfortunately it's not possible to fit a console to this indoor cycle.
Q. Can you explain more about the flywheel weight on Schwinn Bikes?
A. The factor that makes a bike feel good is actually the inertia of the system and the momentum created when it is in motion.
Momentum is a function of two factors, weight and speed. A lighter weight body traveling faster can generate the same feel as a heavier weight, if it is moving at a fast enough rate. So with the AC versus IC range, the ac flywheel is actually about 15% lighter than the IC, however is spinning about 30% faster. The physics behind it means that the momentum, and ultimately the rider feel, ends up being essentially identical. We chose the weight on purpose to replicate the feel. A sub factor within weight is distribution of weight. Flywheels on higher quality bikes will be perimeter weighted, because this means the bulk of the weight is effectively spinning faster/farther every revolution.
Q. Is this bike difficult to assemble?
A. All Schwinn bikes are delivered fully assembled.
Q. Do I need a mat underneath the bike?
A. We recommend that you have a mat underneath your indoor cycle to protect the floor but it's entirely up to you.
Q. Do you sell second hand or refurbished bikes?
A. Generally not. Unfortunately it's not cost effective for us to refurbish indoor cycles to a standard that would be in keeping with our reputation. To fully refurbish an indoor cycle, the crank; crank arms; flywheel bearings; drive belt; pedals; seat and handlebars all need to be replaced. In addition, the frame needs to be checked for corrosion and distortion. In doing this work to the correct standard, the price of a fully refurbished indoor bike would be about the same as a new one. It's for this reason that we don't normally offer refurbished or second hand bikes for sale, and we strongly recommend that you fully understand how a bike has been refurbished before buying one.